Sometimes my mental health has so deteriorated, I should treat myself like I’m sick.
- Remove myself from crowds
- Get some rest and try to sleep
- Hydrate more and eat good food
- Assess my symptoms and identify what made me feel so bad
- Take care of my body at home
- Seek treatment if it gets worse
- Return to normal activity gradually
- Try to avoid, remove, or clean up whatever made me feel bad
This is a new way of thinking for me, and yet it’s so simple, I’m not sure why I didn’t think of it this way before.
Hope it helps you, too. Next time your mental health suffers, treat yourself like you’re sick.